THOSE LOOK REALLY GOOD!!
1. Went to a Baptism…party followed at the house.
2. After a delicious dinner…dessert time…HUGE tray of Italian cookies baked by “Grandma”.
3. Ate a half-dozen of these gems…TOTALLY needed the recipe.
4. Stalked “Grandma”. Got her alone (very important), complimented her gorgeous cookies, took a deep breath and asked for the recipe.
5. “Grandma” had a razor-sharp memory and was a good sharer. Here’s the recipe:
Italian Amaretti Cookies
1 pound almond paste
2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
4 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
Granulated sugar for rolling
Pulse almond paste in food processor until small crumbs. Pour into large bowl. Stir in confectioners sugar by hand. Whip egg whites until stiff, then fold them into almond paste mixture. If desired, add almond extract. Refrigerate overnight.
Scoop batter into balls, roll in granulated sugar and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Press cookies down…
View original post 186 more words